Saturday, February 25, 2012

HEC (Home Entertainment Center)

A few months ago, my grandmother passed, and Tina and I drove out to Clyde, OH to attend her funeral.  On our way back to New York, we went through Warren, PA where Tina's mother grew up.  Warren was once a major supplier of lumber for the US.  Now not so much.  But there was one mill still open and we went to go see it.  It was awesome!  And one of the woods that they mill is Curly Maple.  It is beautiful, and so interesting to look at.  I had to buy some.  We got the guys to cut the pieces down so they would fit in the rental car, and we brought them back home.  Now they are the doors to our HEC.  Maybe soon they will also be a bench for the kitchen table.

 I like this because it's so small.  We've always been annoyed at how the TV becomes the center point of a room.  For the most part, all of our electronics fit inside, as does our small DVD collection and also some of the coffee table books that normally take up too much space on the table.


 Generally speaking I'm not very good at colors.  I don't understand how they work together, or why they don't work together.  But Tina helped out a bunch with this, and I think that it came out pretty good.  The exterior is a unassuming grey...It'd be nice to do this again with a lacquer finish.



No comments:

Post a Comment